It’s going to be a new year and a lot of you might be contemplating to maintain a Journal of your everyday events or about the interesting things in your life. Maintaining an online journal has a lot of advantages and this post is just a quick guide towards helping you do just that.
Why Online Journal?
Maintaining an Online Journal has a lot of advantages. Here are some:
- If you are looking to have a private Journal, all your stuff is safe.
- You will never lose your Journal like I did (Yes, I lost my Journal in August 2010 and have no idea who’s laughing at it right now!).
- You can write anywhere! Even if you forget your diary at home.
- It’s FREE!
A lot of people have private journals, which is more like their confidanté. On the other hand, people have published books out of their journals. So, it’s up to you to decide whether you are going to maintain a public or a private journal.
Private Journals can be safely hosted on Google’s Blogger. Start by creating a blogspot blog. This shouldn’t take long if you already have a Google account. As soon as you create a blog, make it private by following the steps below:
- Login to your blogger dashboard.
- Go to Settings → Permissions → Blog Readers → Only Blog Authors.
(PS. Make sure that you are the only author of the blog by having a look at the author’s list right above the Blog Readers section)
- If you are looking to share the journal with a friend or two, you can select ‘Only People I choose’ under Blog Readers.
Now that we’ve made your blog private. It’s the safest place to jot down your feelings. Make sure that no one knows the password to get into your blogger dashboard and you are good to go.
Happy New Year and Happy Writing!